Safari for Mac
Coeur d'Alene Press, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. 24,334 likes 5,236 talking about this. The Coeur d'Alene Press is a community newspaper and full-service media and publishing company focused on the. OldVersion.com provides free. software downloads for old versions of programs, drivers and games. So why not downgrade to the version you love? Because newer is not always bett.
Safari is included with your Mac.
- To keep Safari up to date, install the latest macOS updates. The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari.
- If you deleted Safari and don't have a backup, reinstall macOS to put Safari back in your Applications folder. Reinstalling macOS doesn't remove data from your computer. Before reinstalling, you might want to use Spotlight to search for Safari. If you find it, but it's no longer in your Dock, just drag it to the Dock to add it back.
Safari for Windows
Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.
Internet Explorer is one of the most popular web browsers in the world. Even though it is nearly dead, there are a number of times you may need it, even on Mac. So, how do you get Internet Explorer for Mac?Does IE have a Mac version? If you have similar questions going in your mind, this post is specially written for you.
Here, I will tell you how to use Internet Explorer on Mac. Since there are multiple methods available to do that, I will tell you about all the good ones. So, you’ll be able to run IE on your Mac PC.
- 1 Is Internet Explorer Available for Mac?
- 2 How to Download Internet Explorer for Mac?
Is Internet Explorer Available for Mac?
Internet Explorer was once the sole ruler of the web. What once was the most used browser is now nearing to its end. However, it is still not done. There are many websites that only run best on Internet Explorer, or its successor, Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is NOT AVAILABLE for MAC. The default browser for Mac is Safari, and you can’t install IE externally as well.
Internet Explorer was once available for Mac from 1998 to 2003. But then, Microsoft discontinued the development of IE for Mac as Safari was launched. The support officially ended in 2005. After that, Internet Explorer became an unknown object on Mac. Since you aren’t using MacOSX 10.6 or earlier, you will not get IE directly.
Can I use Internet Explorer on Mac?
Fortunately, you can use Internet Explorer on Mac. It isn’t possible to directly install and launch it just like you do on Windows. But, you can do that by using some special workarounds. There are some great ways that you can resort to like masking Safari as IE or Edge, using virtualization software, or simply using an alternative.
You can use any method depending upon the purpose you have. We’ll take a look at all those workarounds next.
How to Download Internet Explorer for Mac?
As you can’t directly use IE on Mac, you have to use special methods. Luckily, we have a few good ones available. I’ll explain all of them here. You can simply go through them and pick the one that you find suitable to your preferences. None of them is complex and anyone can easily apply them.
1. Use IE Tab Browser Extension
IE Tab is a well-known Google Chrome extension. It allows you to view the web pages as if you are rendering them inside Internet Explorer even without having it. Since Google Chrome is available on Mac, you can install and launch it on your Mac PC. And then, you can add this extension to Chrome.
After that, you can easily access the web pages via this extension as if they are loading in Internet Explorer. It is a simple and minimalistic method for anyone who just wants to experience the IE interface, and nothing more.
2. Simulate Internet Explore on Mac with Safari
If you want to use IE on Mac for testing purposes, you can’t rely on the first method. For that, you can masquerade Safari to work like Internet Explorer. Safari allows you to load web pages as if they are running inside IE. To know how to do that, follow these steps:
Download Internet Explorer 9 For Macbook Air
- Launch Safari.
- Click on Preferences and then click on Advanced.
- Next, check the ‘Show Develop menu in menu bar‘ box.
- Then, go to the Develop menu in Safari’s menu bar at the top.
Internet Explorer For Macbook Air Download Free
- Now go to ‘User-Agent’ and choose the browser that you want to simulate.
- Here, choose any version of Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge.
That’s it. The website you are currently using will automatically be refreshed and you’ll find it inside the browser of your choice. You can switch back to Safari by following the same steps and then choosing the default browser.
3. Use a Virtualization Tool (VMware)
You can also use a virtualization tool like VMware to create a Windows-like environment on your Mac and then run IE. However, I wouldn’t recommend this method as it needs a lot of effort and money, and the result would only allow you to use Internet Explorer. Still, if you want to try it, follow these steps:
- Download VMware Fusion and the Windows ISO File on your Mac. You’ll have to purchaseboth of them since they are not free.
- After downloading, run the VMware file. The installation window will launch.
- Select the ‘Create a new custom virtual machine‘ option here.
- Next, drag and drop the Windows ISO file that you downloaded earlier onto the Fusion window.
- After going through the on-screen instructions, click on Finish.
- Now relaunch VMware Fusion from the Dock and then click on the ‘Play’ button to set up Windows.
- After that, you’ll be able to use Internet Explorer just like you do on a Windows PC.
That’s it. You can also an app like WineBottlerfor this purpose. But, remember that virtualization is a heavy task and your PC may have problems co-operating with it.
4. Use an Alternative Browser
The simplest and ultimate solution to get the Internet Explorer experience on your MacBook is to use a browser like Internet Explorer. If you want some suggestions, here the top contenders:
Microsoft Edge– Microsoft developed Edge to replace Internet Explorer. Hence, it has all the necessary features that you used IE for, plus it has traces of Internet Explorer’s interface as well. Earlier, it wasn’t available for Mac but now they have launched it. So, go and try it.
Google Chrome– Chrome is the most popular and used browser in the world currently. However, Mac users don’t prefer using it over Safari. But, it is definitely worth a shot.
Mozilla Firefox– Firefox by Mozilla is a highly underrated browser. It is fast, secure, and simple to use. You can use it on your Mac PC to get that IE feels.
You can use these and browse the internet like IE but in a faster and more improvised manner.
There are times when you’ll need to use Internet Explorer, even on your Mac PC. This is how you can do that. I’ve explained all the viable methods here. You can pick and use any method that you like. One more method to run IE on Mac is via Modern IE, which is Microsoft’s service to test IE on Mac. But, that method is specifically for developers.
If you know about any other way, you can share it with us in the comments section. That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. Feel free to use the comment box for any queries or suggestions.