- How To Install Pc Games On Mac
- Install Steam Pc Games On Mac
- How To Install Pc Games On Mac
- Can I Install Pc Games On A Mac
Mac Download Video Games - Official EA Site. EA GAMES FOR MAC. From high fantasy to competitive sports – you can tap into the excitement of EA's hottest Mac games! Unleash your imagination in The Sims 4, rise to power and fight epic battles in Dragon Age II, build a living world where every choice matters in SimCity, and more. Apple provides Mac users with built-in software that can manually run Windows on their Mac computer. Boot Camp offers Mac owners the opportunity to boot into Windows, where they then can access programs and features, or play their favorite PC games. Here's how that built-in Boot Camp tool works.
Do we want to play video games on Macbook or iMac? Let’s find out how to install games on MacOSThe Mac is seen by all as a great PC only for those looking for a nice looking device and a simple and fast operating system in daily use, sacrificing a part of the functionality that can be found on a Desktop PC with Windows installed.
Many in fact think that it is not possible to play games on Mac, leaving this task to a Windows PC (much more suitable, in particular for the power of the video cards).
But if we wanted to play on Mac what should we do and how can we install games that we already own?
In this guide we will show you how to install games on Mac, at least those declared compatible with the Apple platform.
But let’s not expect the same performance found on Windows PCs: the video cards integrated with Macs allow you to play games with a few years on your shoulders or with graphic settings reduced to a minimum, we will rarely have the same gaming experience as a Windows PC.
READ ALSO -> 30 Free games to download for Linux, Mac, and Windows PCs
Minimum requirements to play on Mac
Macs also require some computing power to be able to play compatible games correctly.
The features that our Mac must have in order to be suitable for the game are decidedly smaller compared to a PC with Windows:
– CPU: considering that all recent Macs have an Intel CPU, let’s try to choose a Mac with a recent quad-core CPU.
– RAM: in order to play effectively on the Mac we recommend betting only on models with at least 8 GB of RAM so that you can run all compatible games.
– GPU: in the case of the iMac, make sure there is a dedicated AMD Radeon Pro graphics chip (in the case of the iMac Pro, the AMD Radeon Pro Vega graphics chip with 8GB or 16GB of HBM2 memory will be present).
The models with integrated Intel graphics chips are not very suitable for playing (therefore all MacBook laptops).
– Archiving: practically all Macs rely on the SSD, so let’s make sure that the solid-state drive is present so as to obtain excellent performance at game start-up or during uploads.
These are the minimum requirements to play on a modern Mac; if our Mac doesn’t respect one of the requirements seen above, the risk of having problems during the execution of the games is very high, so better let it go.
How to install games on Mac with Steam
The easiest way to install games on a Mac is to use the Steam distribution platform, which has a vast catalog of downloadable and bootable games on Macs.
First, we download the client of the platform compatible with Mac OS X from the link here -> Steam client for Mac.
A file called steam.dmg will be downloaded to your Mac, which is the Mac compatible program installer.
The installer will immediately show a window in which to accept the conditions of use of the client and the distribution platform.
We click on Agree to accept the user license; after a few seconds, you will be asked to drag the Steam symbol into the folder Applications, as in the image below.
Press and hold the Steam symbol and drag it into the Applications folder on the right; we have finished installing Steam on the Mac!
To open the client, all that remains is to open the Launchpad in the bottom bar and look for the Steam symbol.
The operating system will notify us that the program has been downloaded from the Internet; click on Open to start it correctly.
When you first start Steam, it will most likely start downloading an updated version of the client, all you have to do is wait for the download to finish in order to view the Steam service login screen.
If we don’t have an account on Steam yet, we click Create a new account; if we already use Steam on PC and we want to bring our games to the Mac, we will have to use the voice Login to an existing account.
Once logged in (two-factor authentication may be required via email or phone number) we will be able to view the client’s interface as we are used to seeing it on Windows.
In the interface, Mac compatible games are available immediately, but you can search for them both in the Store menu (to search for new games not yet purchased) and in the Library (to see compatible games among those purchased on Windows).
We can also add Steam license keys using the button at the bottom left Add a game.
If we have games in our library that do not appear on this client, it means that the game is not compatible with the Mac so it cannot be installed; when buying a new game, always check compatibility, so you can find out in advance if the game can be played on the Mac.
Once you have chosen the game in which we are interested, we click on Add to Cart (to buy it via PayPal or credit card) or on install (to install games already in our possession).
The Steam client will take care of downloading the game and automatically install it on the Mac, also installing any additional components to run the game correctly.
Compatibility of games with Mac
Not all games available for Windows can be played on Mac, so we recommend using Steam directly to be able to immediately find games that support Mac OS X and the hardware provided by Macs.
We can find a list of compatible games on Mac at the dedicated Steam page, reachable from here -> Games MacOS Steam.
How To Install Pc Games On Mac
Just browse the menus offered or use the search bar at the top to find out if the game we love can be played on the Mac too.
As a general rule game compatible with Mac are those that have the support for OpenGL or Vulkan graphics libraries, the only ones that can be used outside the Windows environment to correctly manage the graphics of the games (on Windows instead the proprietary DirectX graphics libraries are used, not available on Mac).
If the game you are looking for has the support of these graphic libraries or is expected to convert quickly, it is highly probable that it will be compatible with the Mac and will be available via Steam.
READ ALSO: Steam guide: how to download games on PC
More and more games on iPhones and different mobile devices are becoming so popular nowadays, but most mobile games do not provide a desktop version so they can’t be played on PC or Mac directly. You may be looking for an alternative way on how to play iPhone games on PC so that you can enjoy it on a larger screen. Luckily, here are some good ways to do just that.
How to Play iPhone Games on PC and Mac
ApowerMirror is a tool that can be used to mirror your mobile screen activities to a PC. It supports iOS, Android, Windows and Mac, and allows you to play games on a TV. Also, it comes with a variety of features that you can use while screen mirroring, such as taking screenshots, screen recording, adding annotations, etc. If you want to stream your iPhone games onto your PC or Mac, this will be a perfect tool for you. Just follow the steps below to see how to use it to play iOS games on PC.
- Download and install the app on your iPhone and PC/Mac.
- Launch the app your iPhone and computer, and make sure to connect them to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, tap the blue “M” button, and it will search for available devices automatically. Select your PC once it pops up and has been detected.
- Next, select “Phone Screen Mirroring”, and go to the Control Center and tap “Screen Mirroring”, and then select your PC to successfully connect.
- Afterwards, you can start a game on your iPhone and enjoy playing it on your PC or Mac.
Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder
This is a screen recording and mirroring tool developed for iOS devices. It allows you to cast your iPhone/iPad screen onto a PC or Mac easily so that you can view photos, watch videos, use iOS apps, and play games on your computer. To lean how to play iPhone games on Mac and PC, check the short guide below.
- Download and install Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder on your PC or Mac. And launch it afterwards.
- Connect your iPhone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, swipe up to open Control Center, and tap “Screen Mirroring” to detect available devices.
- Select the device displaying the name of your PC or Mac, and then your iPhone screen will be shown on your desktop.
- Launch the game you want to play on your PC or Mac, and then you can play it on PC or Mac without any hassle.
Install Steam Pc Games On Mac
Some iOS games are not exclusive for iOS devices, and you can also play them on Android devices. At this time, to play those iOS games on PC or Mac, you can use Nox. It is a stable emulator that works as if it’s a mobile phone on your PC. Here are the steps you can follow in order to play iPhone games on PC or Mac using Nox.
- Download and install Nox on your PC.
- Create an account and download games you wish to play using this emulator.
- Once done, you can now successfully play the iPhone games you’d like on your PC or Mac.
How To Install Pc Games On Mac
With the tools mentioned above, you can now play iOS games on your PC and Mac without any hassle. But for the best way that you can do if compatibility is not an issue, you can use ApowerMirror to play your favorite games on a bigger screen, as it also allows you to take screenshots or record the screen while playing a game.