macOS has an excellent design and most tasks are easily performed. Unfortunately, if you want to install a MySQL server on your Mac, then it is not always easy, like everything else.
- Jan 28, 2020 OpenCV can be directly downloaded and installed with the use of pip (package manager). To install OpenCV, just go to the command-line and type the following command: pip install opencv-python. Beginning with the installation: Type the command in the Terminal and proceed: Collecting Information and downloading data: Installing Packages.
- MySQL for Mac is a software tool used for most popular programming languages, like PHP, Java, Perl, C, C , and others. In short, it is a database management system (DBMS), which allows you to connect to the database, run SQL queries and receive a response.
$ mysql -version mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.10, for osx10.9 (x8664) using EditLine wrapper Now that we have MySQL installed and accessible from the Terminal, it’s time to connect to the. Install Mysql Server In Mac; Install Mysql Server In Mac; MySQL is a relational database management system. MySQL is the widely used database server in the world. This tutorial helps you to install MySQL database server on macOS Sierra 10.12 and High Sierra 10.13 and other supported versions using Homebrew.
How to Start MySQL on Mac?
The first step is to starting MySQL Server on Mac, we need to install it. Download it from the MySQL official site:
- Select the version that matches the version of your macOS;
- Download the DMG file and run it;
- After that, open the installer that came with it, and follow the installation steps;
Install Mysql In Mac Terminal
- WARNING! During the installation process, the program will inform you of a temporary root password. It is very important to save it somewhere to further customize the database. Otherwise, you will have to reinstall the program again.
When the installation is complete, let’s see what to do next with this program.
Read more: How to Use the Port Scanner in macOS Network Utility?
Mysql Connector Download
After the installation is complete:
- Open “System Preferences”;
- You will see a MySQL icon;
- Click on it to open the “Preferences” for the MySQL server;
- After that, click on the “Start MySQL server” button to start it. Be sure to check the “Automatically Start MySQL Server on Startup” checkbox so that you do not have to repeat this step again;
- To disable the MySQL server, click “Stop MySQL server”.
If you want to manipulate the MySQL server through the Terminal, here is a list of basic commands. Start “Terminal”, write these commands and press after each “Enter”:
- mysql.server start;
- mysql.server stop;
- mysql.server restart.
Mysql Extension Missing
In truth, this article is rather a superficial material for beginners who are faced with the problem of running a database on their Mac. It is possible that when using this guide, there will be a lot of questions about working with the mysql server, as this is very specific and professional software. Anyway, if you still run into a startup problem, then you will know how to act.