A PC built on Intel processing power to install macOS Sierra. Not entirely necessary, but definitely recommended is a full backup of the system. This is in case anything goes wrong, you will be able to roll back to a working version. Sierra Zone AKA Niresh Sierra is an easy way to install macOS on PC, Sierra Zone Support AMD too (Limited Support) Read all the instruction from bit.ly/HackintoshSierra before installing this software. Hackintosh is not easy, only talented people could make it work, be one of them. Download Mac On PC Distro from the official website, Third. In order to install macOS High Sierra on your Windows computer, you will need the following hardware: USB drive - Find a flash drive that can hold at least 16 gigabytes. Blank hard drive - Find a USB external hard drive that holds at least 100 gigabytes (this is where you'll install your macOS stuff, so the bigger, the better).
This will take you to the Mac’s built-in Startup Manager that lets you pick a startup drive for the computer at boot time. It should look like this. Select the drive entitled “Install macOS High Sierra” using the arrow keys on the keyboard, then press Enter. The computer will boot from the USB drive and take you to the install screen. The Mac will now boot to the Sierra installer and, because it is running off of the USB drive, it can access and erase your Mac’s internal drive. Once erased, the installer will perform a clean install of Sierra on your drive (just make sure to back up before performing a clean install!). If you booted from a functioning recovery partition, click the “Reinstall macOS” button. The installation process will begin. If you booted from an USB disk, click “Continue” to advance to the installer. You’ll be asked which hard drive you want to install to. Windows external SSD on Mac. This is a much-requested follow up to our original Windows 10/external drive tutorial posted back in 2017. This tutorial has been streamlined and updated to be more.
2020-8-30 To install macOS High High Sierra on VirtualBox on Windows PC, you must download the following files and read the step by step guide to avoiding any problems. Dec 10, 2020 This post will guide you on How To Install macOS High Sierra on VirtualBox on Windows PC using ISO (Download links have been provided below). MacOS High High Sierra was released on September 26, 2017.
Step By Step Guide: Install MacOS High Sierra On PC ...
Dec 16, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
The macOS Sierra is a wonderful operating system - and easily the best for all Apple computers and laptops. If you have a Mac, then you probably cannot wait to get your hands on the Sierra - provided your system supports it. However, even if your Mac does support Sierra, there may be a few reasons as to why you may not be able to install it on your hard disk.
For starters, it takes around 8GB of storage space. While that is the minimum recommended by Apple, you will probably need a bit more to make use of it. In addition to that, if you are using an older Mac, then you will still face a few issues while running Sierra. You also have to back up the entire system before installing macOS Sierra, which is a must-do step in any update. For those who have a lot of data on their Macs, this can be a very lengthy procedure.
However, there is a solution to all of that. You can simply go ahead and install the macOS Sierra on an external hard drive, and then boot your Mac from that!
There is no doubt about the fact that you will save a lot of trouble and hassle if you install the macOS Sierra on an external drive. It will even let you use the same hard drive with multiple Macs, without updating to Sierra on each of those. However, to begin with, this, you will need an external hard drive. Since Apple only requires you to have a little over 8 GB of free space, any hard drive, even one with 128 GB, will do just fine. For better performance, it is recommended that it be an SSD.
You will also have to download macOS Sierra from the Mac App Store. To do that, just open the App Store on your Mac, and search for macOS Sierra. You can also download macOS Sierra by directly clicking on the link from your Mac. If your Mac is compatible, then the download option will appear. Click on it, and the download will begin.
The download size is around 5GB, and the total time may vary depending on your internet connection as well as Apple’s servers.
Once you have a hard drive, you can go ahead and follow the simple steps to install and use macOS Sierra from your external drive.
Part 1. Installing macOS Sierra on the external drive
1. Preparing the hard drive for the installation
Mac Os X Install Disk
Before you install macOS Sierra on the hard drive, you will need to clean the external device. Ensure that there is no important data on your hard drive. Then plug it into your Mac, go to Finder, and select Applications.
From Applications, go to Utilities and from there, find and double click on Disk Utility. In the Disk Utility tab, select the external hard drive that is connected to the Mac, and then click on Erase at the top.
Now rename it to something like sierra that you will remember, choose 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' in the format, and then click on Erase. Once the process completes, click on Done, and you are ready to begin the installation.
2. Creating the bootable drive
Once your hard drive is formatted, you will need to turn it into a bootable drive. Before you begin this, you will require the Administrator access on your Mac.
Step 1 Go to Finder to open the window, and from the left side, select Applications.
Step 2 From the application's Window, find and click Utilities, and from there, go to Terminal.
Step 3 Now, remember the name that you set for formatting your external drive (i.e. sierra). In case you named it something other than sierra, then make the appropriate changes in the following text. Once you are in the terminal, enter the following text, ensuring to use your drive’s name wherever Volumes/Sierra is written.
sudo /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/sierra --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app –nointeraction
Step 4 When you tap enter, you will be asked the password for the administrator account. As you type the password, no text will be there in the terminal window. Depending on the drive, this process could take a while. Once the window reports ‘Done’, you can close the drive.
Part 2. Using macOS Sierra with the Bootable Hard Drive
Once the above step completes, your external hard drive will be ready to run macOS Sierra on any compatible Mac. First, you have to turn off the Mac on which you want to run Sierra from the bootable drive. Then, before switching it on, connect the drive through the Mac’s USB Port.
Then turn on your Mac, and as soon as you hear the startup sound, press the Option key and keep it pressed. Within a few seconds, you will get a screen that asks you to select the appropriate hard drive for booting. On this screen, select the one on which you have installed macOS Sierra, and you will soon have your Mac running Sierra!
Thus, as you follow these simple steps, you will have configured the macOS Sierra to run from an external hard drive. You do not have to worry about how much free space there is in your Mac or anything else of the sort. Through this approach, you can run macOS Sierra on any compatible Mac without having to separately download and install it on either one. In addition to that, since there are no backups of the mac’s hard disk required, the process will involve comparatively less hassle.
Any changes or files that you make can be stored on your Mac as well, so you do not have to worry about where your data is. This can be a great way to have the same OS on your personal as well as work Macs. Thus, now, you do not have to bother about freeing up your Mac’s drives or separately downloading it for every PC in the house- just configure it once on an external hard drive, and everything else is taken care of!
Install Macos High Sierra On Pc Hackintosh
Install Mac Os On New Ssd
How To Install Mac Os On Pc
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks
Hello Folks, the following article will guide you through installing Mac OS 10.12 Sierra on any windows PC or Laptop. Read the article carefully so that you don’t miss any part.
Alright ! Did you ever thought that installing Mac OS 10.12 Sierra on windows PC / Laptop ?? YES ! You can install it with the help of VMWare WORKSTATION PLAYER. This will help us to create a “Virtual Machine” to run another Operating System inside the windows Operating System, with this you don’t have to restart your computer to jump between the operating systems. Off course, we can install Sierra along with a side with windows as a Dual Boot on the Same drive, but that topic will be discussed in other articles. Anyone can try & install Mac OS Sierra on a windows Laptop or PC using Vmware Workstation Player.
Step By Step Video Guide:
- IN ORDER TO INSTALL Mac OS 10.12 SIERRA INSIDE THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM USING VMWARE WORKSTATION, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR COMPUTER PROCESSOR OR CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT HAS TO SUPPORT VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY ( VT ).
- BASICALLY, VT ALLOWS TO RUN MULTIPLE OPERATING SYSTEMS ON THE SAME MACHINE. YOU CAN INSTALL AS MANY OPERATING SYSTEMS AS YOU WISH WITH THE HELP OF VT. CHECK YOUR BIOS SETTING TO ENABLE VT.
- BY DEFAULT MOST OF THE COMPUTERS HAVE THIS (VT ) OPTION TURNED ON. NO MATTER THAT WHAT TYPE OF CPU THAT YOU HAVE, WETHER ITS INTEL OR AMD CHECK THE BIOS SETTING FOR THE OPTION ( VT ).
- FOR INTEL USERS THE OPTION To ENABLE VT IN THE BIOS SETTING WILL BE LIKE:
- FOR AMD USERS THE OPTION To ENABLE VT IN THE BIOS SETTING WILL BE LIKE:
Once everything is ready , now on your WINDOWS PC open TASK MANAGER (HOLD CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)-> PERFORMANCE -> CPU and
Check virtualization status. Mostly You will see ENABLED by default on most of the computers. Once its enabled now we are ready to start installing Sierra.
Now Download all of the files from the links below and place it on your DESKTOP for easier navigation.
VMWARE ADD-ON TOOLS ZIP FILE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9SvdLiwSfz5T0FHQTRQY1V5VzQ/view?usp=sharing
MacOS Sierra 10.12 FINAL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9SvdLiwSfz5d0M2MERTTlVlZWM/view?usp=sharing
VMware Workstation player: http://bit.ly/2gZSViX
- Now go a head and install VMware Workstation Player 12 on your PC, and Extract the two Zip files that you downloaded.
- Now open VMWARE ADDON Tools FOLDER, and Look inside for WIN-INSTALL.CMD Script, right click on it and run it as ADMINISTRATOR.The script will run inside the command prompt, don’t quit until it exits itself. This will patch the VMWare Workstation Player to install Mac OS Sierra 10.12
- Now open VMWare Workstation Player 12, Choose to create a new virtual machine.
- Now you will see a dialogue will be opened, choose I will install the operating system later then choose Apple mac OS X and version will be set as 10.12.
Install Macos High Sierra On Pc Laptops Hackintosh Olarila
- Now name the Virtual Machine, and copy the address of the location.then click NEXT, and select STORE VIRTUAL DISK AS A SINGLE FILE and then click Finish . Now we have successfully created a virtual machine.
Install Macos High Sierra On Pc
- Now click on EDIT VIRTUAL MACHINE SETTINGS and Manipulate the hard ware resources. Under the memory section choose at least 4GB or Higher. Under the processor , section, select the maximum cores for performance.
- Now select the hard disk and click on remove. Then Click on ADD to create a new Hard disk follow the screen shots below:
- Now here click on BROWSE and Navigate to the extracted folder and look for the file named “Mac os sierra 10.12.vmdk” and open it.
- Now click Finish and close the VMWARE Workstation Player 12 on your PC. And Then open WINDOWS EXPLORER, paste the address in the address bar which we have copied during the installation process. This will take to the location where all of the VIRTUAL MACHINES FILES stores .now look for the file named MacOS 10.12 sierra.vmx and open it with the notepad. Now in the notepad come to the bottom of all of the lines and add the new statement called smc.version = “0” save it and exit.
- Now open the VMWARE workstation Player, and click the PLAY VIRTUAL MACHINE. This will run the mac os sierra. If you see apple Logo then everything is going perfect, just in case if you see any errors make sure that your system or PC has virtualization technology support.Note : In order to control the virtual machine with mouse cursor press CTRL + G, therefore the control of the mice will be inside the virtual machine.TO control your host or Windows OS with mouse cursor press CTRL + ALT , therefore the control will be back to host or windows OS.
- Now create an account and login, now you have success fully installed Mac os Sierra 10.12 On windows PC using Vmware Player