Click the icon to launch the Google Duo application. Step 4: Google duo will request to access your microphone and camera in order to make and receive calls. Click the ‘Allow’ button. Making and receiving group calls on Duo on PC. Now that the Google Duo Android app is installed and set up on your PC, go ahead and give it a try. Steps to Use Google Duo Web on PC/Mac. Google Duo can be accessed online right from the Windows or Mac desktop PC. A web version of Duo is available officially and you can access it online by following the section below. Google Duo For PC – How To Use And Download Duo App for Mac & PC 9jaboizgist February 17, 2021 February 17, 2021 Video calls are a part of our lives now and the Google Duo For PC makes it easy on Mac and Windows laptops. And even though Google Duo is not available as an app for Mac, you can still get the app-like experience on your laptop by simply generating an app through Unite. This tool creates apps out of web pages, and by generating one for Google Duo, you’ll be able to get notifications, adjust the design, and customize your Duo experience to fit your.
Google Duo is the latest app from the Google Play Store and iTunes store that allows you to video chat with anyone else that has the Google Duo app installed. You can quickly use the Google Duo app on your iPhone, Android, or Mac OS X machine to video chat with Android users. Google Duo interface is very similar to that of Apple FaceTime app. Let’s get started installing Google Duo on Mac OS X.
Note: Google Duo is currently available in the iTunes store for iOS mobile devices, however it cannot be installed and used in iTunes or from the App Store in Mac OS X currently.
1. Download Bluestacks for Mac OS X by visiting their website here. Bluestacks allows you to install android apps on your Mac OS X system.
2. Open the DMG file. You will see an image named BlueStacks Installer. Drag the BlueStacks.app to your Applications folder on Mac.
3. Open Bluestacks.app from your Applications folder. You may receive a prompt:
“BlueStacks.app” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
4. You will see a Welcome screen. Click Continue to accept the terms.
5. Ensure App Store Access and Application Communications are checked. Click Install.
6. You will be prompted for your Mac OS X password to install new helper tool. Enter your password and select Install Helper.
7. You will see a message Installing BlueStacks then Starting BlueStacks.
Google Duo On Macbook Pro
Note:You may receive a message about a System Extension Blocked. Select Open Security Preferences and choose Allow for the BlueStack Systems Inc. You will need to restart BlueStacks install again inside the Applications folder.
8. Once BlueStacks is started, you can go through the first time setups for Accuracy Locations and Access Location.
Note: Wait some time. You will see the Failed to loan channels message until the Appstore completes setup and installations. You will receive a notification when this is completed, similar to below.
9. A One Time Setup tab will appear. Follow the instructions for Enable AppStore and Enable App Sync. You will need a Google Account (Gmail) in order to download app from the Google Play store.
If you get the infinite Logging in message, just exit out of the sync using the back button and try again.
10. Search for Google Duo in Play Store. You will receive a prompt to allow Google Duo access information in Bluestacks. Click Accept.
Google Duo On Mac Computer
11. After Google Duo is installed, go to the Home screen. Then go to All Apps -> BlueStacks Settings -> Change App Size.
Choose Tablet for Duo.
12. Launch the Google Duo app. You will be required to verify an actual working phone number with Google Duo, so you will need access to a number, even though you won’t be using the phone number on your Mac.
Now you can place and receive calls with fellow Google Duo users! Remember, you will need a microphone and camera to fully utilize Google Duo. By default, BlueStacks will recognize your Mac mic and camera while using the Duo app.
Note: Sometimes, the camera picture can be unaligned or distorted. A simple fix is to hit the back button in bottom left corner (which will momentarily pause a live Duo call and take you to BlueStacks home screen) and then go back into the app.